View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Rob62

Exotic Hunt in Texas - your thoughts and suggestions

I have never been hunting on a "High Fence" ranch or other commercial hunting area. But I think that within the next year I am going to take the plunge and do it.

Ideally what I would like to hunt is some sort of medium to large African Plains game here in the US. Texas seems like the place that has a lot of places that offer this kind of option.

To give you some kind of an idea of the type of animal I would ideally like to hunt: Nyala, Kudu, Gemsbock, Wildebeast, Zebra, actually any of the big Antelope, etc. Not sure if any or all of these animals are available to hunt here but that is the general idea of what I am looking for.

Besides the usual caveats such as get referrals. Use only places that have been in operation for a while and have a good track record. etc. Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

I know this is going to cost several thousands of dollars, relatively inexpensive in comparison to traveling to Africa to do the hunt. But I still want to have a great experience and not waste the money.

All thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Rob

Page generated in 0.02706 seconds with 8 queries