View Single Post
Old August 20, 2008, 08:50 PM   #8
12ette

Hello all, Gene2008 I can across this post while surfing... amazing gun in my opinion.

Breach of protocal I am sure, but...

I would suggest, Gene2008, that you post this on the doublegunshop.com there are some people that would be very interested in seeing and hearing about this gun. Knowing that you have a 2 barrel set with matching SN, this is a rarity. Also such a low serial number with the engraving leads me to think this a Paragon grade, but in my experience "Paragon" is usually stamped on the water table.

Oh and to give you and idea my 1909 catalog has this gun listed at $72.50 and $10 extra for ejectors, this is a high quality firearm. The Special listed at $21.75

W.H Baker started in marathon, sold out to L.C. Smith. Later open and work with the Ithaca Gun Company. He left and stared Syracuse Forging and Gun Company, Syracuse, NY (making The New Baker Gun). From here I believe he opened Baker Gun Co. and after a fire operations were moved to Batavia, NY. I am not sure how long exactly W. H. Baker was involved because he died in the late 1890s exact date escapes me.
The Batavia, NY works were sold in 1919 to the H.D Fulsom Co, and these guns typically will have an "F" in the serial number.

Please stop by and share.

Page generated in 0.03216 seconds with 8 queries