View Single Post
Old October 18, 2019, 06:23 PM   #83
agtman

Quote:
For use in self defense against two legged threats not wearing body armor or using effective cover has set the current standard. I think there are some important caveat in that statement and we could argue if that standard is the final correct answer or not but then we dive deeply into the caliber war.
When someone finally invents that special crystal ball that can reveal to you, the good guy, all the variables you'll encounter in your upcoming gunfight with the armed bad guy(s) please let me know.

Number of assailants? Distance? Presence (or not) of intermediate barriers?

Quote:
The advantage, to me, of 10MM comes when you discuss a "do everything" concealable pistol for hiking in areas where the threat may roam on two legs or four.
Exactly, ... but because the variables of an attack by 2-legged predators even in an urban setting cannot be known in advance, the capabilities of the 10mm, in particular its proven ability to penetrate intermediate barriers, gives it a distinct advantage in terms of versatility of use over other 'service cartridges.' It's in that sense that the 10mm is a 'do-all' cartridge.

Page generated in 0.03035 seconds with 8 queries