Thread: WY Area C
View Single Post
Old August 15, 2006, 11:31 PM   #10
garyfdl

I just looked at the map and you're right. I/we were under the impression we were east and north of I-90 and west of whatever road coming off 16 north of Gillett. May head over there (to 25) just to sightsee (w/ the rifle of course ).

We're 'wussin' it rather than roughing it. Staying in Buffalo at a motel. We will have a tent and some gear along in case a couple of us decide to "spike" camp for a couple nights.

So I should leave my LaCrosse "Iceman" -50 pack boots home huh? As far as socks you'll get no argument or laughing here. I always bring enough for the trip, plus a couple extra just-in-case. I also usually "double-up" w/ polypropylene first, (silk's better but hard to find, not as durable, and tends to work its' way down around my toes) w/ a wool or wool/poly blend over top. Clean socks keep the feet warmer too.

As far as where to hunt, we've been advised to stop at the BLM office in Buffalo and get maps. Apparently the lands change somewhat every year. As there will be four of us w/ two vehicles we're gonna split up, and compare notes at night.

Not too suprised that you're a "Cheesehead", your "stay in camp and drink beer until it dries up" kinda gave it away. Where you from and do you ever get back here? If you do, the beer's always cold.

Thanks for your input. Gary

"Ya ain't never smelled diesel 'till you snorkel a submarine in a tail wind."

Page generated in 0.02622 seconds with 8 queries