View Single Post
Old December 16, 2008, 09:29 PM   #2
Ken O

I thought about this one also. I have a shooting buddy that is a .45acp nut like myself and we were both thinking of the new XDs. He is in a much higher tax bracket then me, so he bought both. He shoots mostly ISPC, but some IDPA also and is in the "match winner" catagory a lot (unlike me). So he shot both and did real well. I just waited to see which one he mostly shot and settled on. It was the 5", his score were always higher with it. So thats what I bought and am real happy with it. We don't live in the same state anymore, we just exchage emails, so I didn't get to try them both myself.

I don't think there is a BIG difference, for carry I would prefer the 4", but I carry a 637 Smith. I think the main difference would be the sight radius, if I already had the 4" I would just shoot it and maybe down the line buy something else different to add to your stash like a 1911. There are a lot of .45s out there, my favorite is a 625 for IDPA and a 1911 for IPSC. I like and shoot them all, the only one that collects dust is the Glock 21, and if I did something with the trigger I might shoot it more.

So, shoot what you got and have fun.

Last edited by Ken O; December 16, 2008 at 09:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.03568 seconds with 8 queries