Thread: Military grade?
View Single Post
Old January 12, 2019, 10:12 PM   #47
M88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrick
...The leaders don’t want us to have guns.
The population doesn’t want us to have guns.
The corporations do not want us to have guns.
The media.
The celebrities.
The world.
The only thing that is stopping them is a few lines scrawled on an ancient outdated document that is increasingly disregarded.
While this sounds pretty damning, and for the most part I agree with who doesn't want us to have guns, what keeps be from being more pessimistic is that there are still millions and millions of American citizens that DO want their right to own and defend themselves with their guns, and the majority of them from what I can see vote accordingly. Are there more of them than us, and is that ratio increasing? I think yes. Back to my original post, that is precisely why I try and tactfully correct false narratives from the folks that are spreading them. Explaining that the made up term "military grade" is just that, a marketing tool, is one thing I can correct and plant the seeds of truth.

I certainly agree that our constitution is "ancient" from the perspective of the history of this country, but I don't necessarily agree that it is outdated. But that's another discussion, that has little to do with my original post.

Page generated in 0.02927 seconds with 8 queries