View Single Post
Old December 29, 2019, 11:56 PM   #5
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
• A semi-automatic centerfire pistol with a detachable magazine that has one of the following characteristics:
…. (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded
According to my owner's manual, the Desert Eagle weighs 4.25lbs empty. That's 68oz, so despite a mag that holds less than 10, it becomes an assault weapon, under this law, because its a pistol that to TOO HEAVY!

As far as I know, the only crime ever committed with a Desert Eagle is "starring" in some bad action movies and video games, but its a gun, so lets ban it, because its too heavy!

I see no "grandfather provision" allowing one to keep what you had before the law passed, but is there anything in the proposed law allowing citizens any TIME to a) surrender the now banned gun to lawful authority/ b) sell the gun out of state, or even c) physically remove the gun from the Commonwealth of Virginia to another state where it is still legal??

Do you think they'll do what some place in CA did? arrest people when they walked in to surrender their now banned gun? Or will they be more generous something like "Gov signed the law Monday, its Wednesday, now, you're under arrest!" ???

The Governor has the legal authority to call out "his" troops to enforce the law. So did the Colonial Governor, before 1776...we know how that worked out....

does he??

Page generated in 0.03421 seconds with 8 queries