View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1
ryan1985

Taurus Model 44 jamming during firing?

Hello everyone this is my first post here and I have a lot of questions. Took my ar15 and my .44mag revolver to the range recently. I've put around a 1000 rounds through my ar that I made myself with absolutely no hiccups but suprisingly my supposed reliable revolver is jamming? It's a Taurus Model 44 with a 4 inch barrel and it has only fired around 50 shots since I bought it in 2008.

The problem occurs when trying to fire it in single action mode and doesn't seem to affect the double action mechanism at all. I usually use single action as I can aim better that way since the trigger pull of the double action can cause my aim to be off. What usually happens is after firing the first shot the mechanism gets immediately locked up when I try to pull the hammer back to fire a second shot. At that point I have to manually turn the cylinder myself to free the mechanism or fire it normally as a double action revolver. The double action seems to work just fine and I can fire all 6 rounds in quick succession just fine. The single action seems to only lock up after the first shot and then will work for a couple shots and then lock up again randomly so I'm perplexed here.

Can anyone point me in a direction of what to look at here? I have decent mechanical skills I've rebuilt engines, transmissions, rear axles, made my own ammo and built my own ar15 from spare parts so with a little guidance I'm sure I can fix this myself. Thanks for any help on this

Page generated in 0.02212 seconds with 8 queries