View Single Post
Old October 8, 2019, 09:18 PM   #47
fourbore

Quote:
Shuff's Parkerizing can put the .35 Whelen into a 16" 'carbine-size' Mini-G (based on the M1 Garand action), if you want a semi. The same .35W ballistics are available in the handy, short-action carbine-size bolt guns chambered for the .350 Remington Magnum.

Both are 'proven' been-there/done-that set ups. More versatile than the .350 Legend, but maybe not suitable for use in the restrictive, odd-ball hunting states.
Some of these communist states are over populated with deer. More deer than hunters. And hand out doe permits like candy on Halloween. An excuse to buy a gun (rifle or shotgun)and shoot a mess of deer is not a bad thing! I dont give a crap about the politics and infact I can understand where 3500 fps rifles are not appropriate in heavily populated areas. I can hunt. That is what matters. If you cannot get it done with a 350 you dont belong in the special zones. Maybe no zone.

The day I see a 6,000 pound deer is that day I get a 35 whelen for deer hunting. The 300 weatherby was sarcasm.

Page generated in 0.02997 seconds with 8 queries