View Single Post
Old November 25, 2017, 09:51 PM   #24
Tsquared

Quote:
sorry once again I was not clear, this is for his business not for personal use. He owns a small local gun shop and has never reloaded. Think maybe one 6 foot store shelf of powder and primers, perhaps two some common caliber bullets and shot.
That changes everything. I would skip stocking any bullets or shot and cases of any kind. He needs to get with his distributor and get case lot pricing on small pistol primers, large pistol primers, and large & small rifle primers. Order at the first price break and go heaviest on the small pistol, the large pistol, and a case of small rifle and Large Rifle.

He is going to need some backroom storage as powder is usually sold in case lot and he will need some variety. He can put 2 bottles out per to maximize variety as you can see from the other responses there is a lot of variety.

My LGS has a 3' wide shelving unit that is 6' high in his little shop. He keeps a case of Small Pistol Primer and Large Pistol Primer, 5 bricks of small rifle, 5 bricks of Large Rifle and 2 each of the magnum primers - this takes up half a shelf. The bottom shelf is full of 4 and 8 lb jugs (one each) of his best seller powders. The rest is 4 bottles each of a variety of rifle, pistol, and shotgun powders. His regular customers will not even bother going to the shelf and just tell him what they want and he fills the order from his stock room.

Page generated in 0.03668 seconds with 8 queries