View Single Post
Old December 16, 2001, 03:05 AM   #1
slickpuppy

Minute of Barndoor...OR...I Need To Find Another Bullet Company!!!

I have spent the last few days dealing with some of the worst bullets yet.

I usually buy from a local company to save shipping charges. He stocks his own brand of lead cast bullets and carries Zero and West Coast brands as well.

Lately, his quality has gone down a bit with his lead bullets. For example, his 9mm bullets that are supposed to be sized to .356 are anything but that. The last thousand vary anywhere from .355 to .354. Needless to say these things are anything BUT tight groupers.

My previous Ransom Rest one hole groups with this bullet and a variety of 9mm pistolas are now 8 to 10 inches. Yes, I worked up loads again after my initial poor accuracy and the damn things won't group worth a flip. Pardon my French ladies.

I am looking for a good hard cast lead bullet supplier in the Southeastern US of A that has consistent quality. Anyone have some recommendations?

On another note, I have been thinking of just trying some .357 bullets in the 9mms with some LIGHT charges and see how those work. I can use the Ransom Rest and a long string to do the initial testing.

Page generated in 0.03438 seconds with 8 queries