View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Alizard

As stated: currently laws are in place which are being ignored. I agree that mental health professionals should be forced to report potentially dangerous people at minimum to the federal database so they can't buy guns.

The continual whine about "patient privacy" needs to be superseded by safety concerns for the general population.

IMHO, the reason health providers don't comply and report is they are afraid of being sued. We need a blanket umbrella law to prevent that so they would be allowed to report the loonies.

Quote:
So, Mr. Obama wants to clarify what the law requires and make reporting easier - which sounds good. I suppose I am a little concerned as we hear stories related to Veterans being added to NICS who do not meet the normal criteria.
I have as much sympathy as anybody for vets. I worked with other vets after Viet nam war. But the truth is: there are many veterans who are highly disturbed with PTSD and they should not own guns. One video recently was the marine trying to break through the window of a guy in a car so he could kill the guy over a road rage incident. If that marine had a gun, both people in the car would have been dead.

Veterans deserve the best of help, but if they are dangerous they should be restricted from owning guns just like anybody else.

Page generated in 0.03134 seconds with 8 queries