View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 10:27 AM   #7
Randy-Fl-01

This is bad

There are enumerated “exceptions” to the private transfer background check requirement in this proposed law … maybe I’m reading this wrong – but maybe not! Read (i) below … it seems the private transfer exception to non-family members is ONLY allowed if the USAG – Holder certifies the state has laws that are equivalent to this “section” :

“the Attorney General certifies that State in which the transfer takes place has in effect requirements under law that are generally equivalent to the requirements of this section”

What do they mean by this “section”? Do they mean this new law requiring private sale background checks or ??? I’m sure Holder will go out of his way to help gun owners – duh!

Here’s the ONLY listed exceptions to the background check:

(B) the transfer is made between an unlicensed transferor and an unlicensed transferee residing in the same State, which takes place in such State, if-

(i) the Attorney General certifies that State in which the transfer takes place has in effect requirements under law that are generally equivalent to the requirements of this section; and

(ii) the transfer was conducted in compliance with the laws of the State;

(C) the transfer is made between spouses, between parents or spouses of parents and their children or spouses of their children, between siblings or spouses of siblings, or between grandparents or spouses of grandparents and their grandchildren or spouses of their grandchildren, or between aunts or uncles or their spouses and their nieces or nephews or their spouses, or between first cousins, if the transferor does not know or have reasonable cause to believe that the transferee is prohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law; or

(D) the Attorney General has approved the transfer under section 5812 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.

Please tell me what this means!

Page generated in 0.03946 seconds with 8 queries