View Single Post
Old March 19, 2013, 08:06 PM   #34
Darker Loaf

With a Kahr CW9, I had many FTE and FTFeed, especially during the break-in period and some after. Also, Golden Sabers would cause the magazine to "lock" because of their square-nosed design, over-all length, and what I believe is a short magazine in the Kahr series. I put around 800 to 1000 rounds through it before I sold it.

My Kahr K9 Elite, on the other hand, has never experienced any malfunction, but the guide rod seemed to get pretty badly chipped out after 200-300 rounds. I've got a new one in; we'll see if it stays relatively intact. I've only put perhaps 600 to 800 rounds through that gun so far though.

Oh yeah, I owned an EAA Match Witness in 10mm Auto that FTE/FTFeed'd like 2-4 time out of every 15 round magazine. I sent it back to the factory and even had it "fixed" with no change in results. I probably should have tried hot/full-house 10mm, but did not want to mess around wasting yet more money on the gun to find the right, super-expensive 10mm ammo.

Almost every type of gun and almost every gun I've ever shot has experienced some kind of malfuction, even Glocks (in my case a G34). Either I am cursed (which some say), or guns are finicky, wily creatures like the fairer sex.

And with .22 LR autoloading handguns, my list of FTE, FTFeed/Fire is beyond my counting. I've shot untold 10,000's of rounds through a Hi-Standard, Beretta Neos, a Buck Mark, a Sig Mosquito, and Rugers of all stripes. I fired my Buck Mark to the point where pieces of it literally fell off (though sadly it was probably the best of the bunch). I've also had enough of these failures that I almost wrote off owning a .22 LR Pistol or autoloader of any stripe. Now I have a 22/45 and a 10/22 and these are the only .22 LR autoloaders I will ever buy [crosses his fingers and knocks on wood]. If they don't run on me (like they often haven't), I'm going to just take the trip of shame back to the gunsmith like usual and pay up to get my sorry, unreliable guns back online.

Page generated in 0.03729 seconds with 8 queries