View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 10:24 AM   #138
Chaz88

I think the medical and mental health angel is a slippery slope that ends in a quagmire of quicksand.

At some point, even if just for a few seconds, everyone could be judged as a threat to themselves and others.

It has been mentioned that privacy concerns could keep people from seeking help, I am sure it would.

But has any thought been given to the people that have not committed violent crimes because they felt safe in asking for help, then went on to be productive citizens?

Asking for help with mental or emotional problems is already stigmatized in this country. If privacy in the medical professions is abdicated to the "greater good" I am confident it will increase violence because many people, that would have been successfully treated, will not feel safe in asking for help.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.

Page generated in 0.03743 seconds with 8 queries