View Single Post
Old August 5, 2012, 12:08 AM   #43
MGMorden

Quote:
I do in fact have several hi-cap mags myself. My real problem with them is more feed failures than capacity.
I apologize to any I have offended.
Depends on what you consider a "high capacity" magazine. The Glock 17's 17 round magazine holds a lot more than your 1911 but is basically considered the pinnacle of reliability when it comes to handguns.

Now admittedly there are a lot of ultra-cheap gimmicky AR15 and 10/22 drums and such out there ('course there are some quality ones too), but in modern times 15-20 rounds has basically become "standard" capacity when it comes to handguns, and guns that carry that many certainly don't exhibit any undue reliability issues.

In particular I think that's why the anti's focus on banning anything over 10 rounds raises so many eyebrows. They got it once back in 1994 and they want that same 10-round limit again, but back in 1994 when revolvers and 1911's were more commonplace 10 rounds sounded more reasonable. Fast forward to today and the insistence that anything over 10 is excessive is laughable. It'd be as if they proposed that all cars be chipped to not drive over the "excessive" speed of 25 mph.

In a way I'm kinda glad they keep shooting for that though. Honestly we'd have a lot harder time fighting a cap on capacity to something like 20 rounds.

Page generated in 0.03186 seconds with 8 queries