View Single Post
Old October 19, 2009, 06:45 PM   #20
SigP6Carry

I would just like to point out a bit of ignorance that's being spouted off here:
people have different tolerances to different substances. I'm not going to cite myself as a professional on Marijuana use, tolerance and effects (as I have no long term exposure myself), but I've been in classes with people who smoke up and I was never wise to it until they offered to smoke me up before class with them sometimes.

Marijuana comes in many different forms and has many different effects on different people. It's possible that he was smoking medicinal marijuana, which I understand is a pretty clean and low-level narcotic, which probably wouldn't send him on a messed up trip or anything. As far as the drinking comment goes: you've gotta be pretty lightweight to have 2 beers at lunch effect you enough to change your behavior.

I've in fact been put on pain killers for weird reasons (a persistent, dry cough) that did nothing but numb my throat and prevent me from feeling less obvious nuances on my body (thus preventing my lungs from coughing, as my "cough sensors" wouldn't feel the need to cough). It's different for different people.

In this specific example, though, it sounds like he was offering it to others for recreational use. This is an interesting fact in this specific case as it is rhetorical suggests that this specific person is a "pot-head."

Think about this: how many people on this board are on various pain-killers, sleeping pills, anti-depressants, ADD/ADHD medication, etc. Any and all drugs and alcohol can potentially cause a lapse of consciousness/perception, though some more than others and it varies from person to person.

If I were the OP, I would report him to the game warden in the area based solely on his trying to "pass it around." If he were simply smoking a little to help alleviate pain, more power to him.

Also, Cigarettes and Caffeine are both stimulants that alter your consciousness slightly. Think about that.

Page generated in 0.03658 seconds with 8 queries