View Single Post
Old November 23, 2002, 02:56 AM   #15
Jager1

I have used them a lot for ordering surplus and camping items.

I don't have any burning desire to pay his outrageous ammunition prices, though. Most of the items (especially ammunition) he sells I can locate locally for much less than his asking price. His asking price is typically what I pay around here, so why pay him to ship it to me? The only time I order items from them is when it can't be found locally.

I have recieved some real junk from them, too. A lot of the "mil-spec" items he advertises are in reality, emanating from somewhere along the Pacific Rim. He has been more careful in labeling and advertising over the last few years. Probably because of complaints like mine.

The shipping prices they charge are pretty arbitrary and he must make a killing on that alone. Charging by cost of the order rather than actual weight is a big tip-off to a rip-off.

Many of the items advertised are not in stock and the backorder runaround is a joke. Once, the order taker on the phone actually told me that they wouldn't be getting an item in again, ever rather than "it's on backorder". I almost had a heart attack from the shock.

I'll order from him again, but I'm always expecting the worst from the outfit.

Page generated in 0.02388 seconds with 8 queries