View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 11:59 AM   #7
brinker

Krag

I bought a 1898 built in 1903, there is a krag forum that is great. I am hooked, even tho my rifle came out of a collection in California. I was at the range firing my 1903 Springfield, and another shooter was firing a krag and a Eddistone p-17. He came over and eyed my Springfield. we talked guns and I let him fire my 1903 and I fired his Krag. It was a full rifle not a carbine. I loved it! I found this one in Dallas at a gun store. I couldn't afford the krag rifle, and they showed me a real carbine. I really couldn't afford that one either. I spoted this one on the rack. and started looking it over. and decited to buy her, for about 300 more than your Florida rifle is for. measure the barrel should be about 23 inches, rear sight should have a (c) stamped on it, thats for carbine. Should have a metal but plate with a accessory port, the wood stock should be plain, with a finger grip on the forward and should have a wood piece around the rear sight, can be a flip up like the 1903 but smaller. a true carbine will have a saddle eye, and no sling eyes. But many rifles were sportized with sling for hunting, My Krag has sling eyes It really fires nice, The krag bolts were fired at 30-40 but some were modified, get a 30-40 round and chamber it to see how she fits, my barrel was a little lite blue, I cleaned it well and took her to the range. the barrel is clean now no blue at all. I fire 150 grain rounds due to the single bolt lug configureation. most Krag rounds off the shelf are 180 grain. Good luck be safe shoot clean Sunny

Page generated in 0.02661 seconds with 8 queries