View Single Post
Old October 19, 2020, 10:43 AM   #12
cslinger

Keep in mind that ALL super bright LED lights of a given size to output will ramp down whether they be Surefire or Chinese crap. It’s the nature of the beast. I have found that a light right around 600 lumens roughly the size of a Surefire 6P for comparison is about the size to output you can go with a fairly steady output without a ramp down.

As for brightness / splash, remember you don’t have to point the gun to identify and use the light. That splash is useful if you only have a weapon light to identify something as you don’t want to go around pointing guns at everything Willy nilly.

Also if your eyes are fully dark adapted / have been sleeping 120 lumens is pretty god aweful bright so again nature of the beast. Kinda like using CS/Pepper Spray. It’s not IF you will get a dose of it yourself it’s WHEN.

Again if you pressed me right this second and said I have to use my own money go buy a weapon light my choices in this order would be.

-Streamlight TLR7a for most uses. Great compact light. Easy battery changes.
-Streamlight TLR1HL for larger guns or if I want blazing output and throw.
-Surefire X300 for larger guns, blazing output, awesome throw and as durable as an anvil.
-Crimson Trace CMR-208 - if I had an odd rail like the HK45c. This is a great light with a great beam, easy battery replacement and priced right. It also happens to have a GREAT system for positioning the rail key. Better then Streamlight in my opinion.

I have lots of rounds through all of these without issue on handguns and rifles. Ok lots for me. They don’t come off when I shoot.

Last edited by cslinger; October 19, 2020 at 10:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.03774 seconds with 8 queries