View Single Post
Old December 22, 2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Doug.38PR

Old school (elementary that is...literally) lost art tactics and training

This is....somewhat involved in tactics and training, but when was the last time you saw boys plaing "guns" or "army" or "cowboys and indians" outside in front yards, back yards and in the woods down the street?

In fact, I rarely see kids playing outside at all (riding bikes, baseball, guns or anything else) in my neighborhood.

I haven't seen any kids "play guns" since....since I was a kid probably around 10 or 12 years ago as a Freshman in High school. ......that is UNTIL yesterday. I (ahem) drove through some crossfire as my car went by a boy laying down in a ditch on the left side of the road with a submachine gun (toy of course ...at least I hope ) aiming at a group of trees on the other side of the road where about 4 other boys armed with uzzies and 1911 looking guns. Very refreshing to see.

When we were younger we always used to consider any physical object as cover. "I got you!" "Nu uhh, I got behind the bushs"
Be careful not to make these old boyhood practices in a real gunfight. Jumping behind bushes, wooden sheds, doors, sheetrock walls. Remember playing "raid" once with two other friends where two would charge into the third friend's (the bad guy) apartment (my bedroom) with guns ready as though we were cops. The third friend, on one point hid in the closet and hid behind a sheetrock corner of the closet and fired at us as we sprayed the wall and closet with toy 9mm and .38 spl and shotgun. The third friend maintained that he had survived and killed us. The other (his brother) simply said, "Okay right. Go got a real shotgun, real Berretta, real .38 and let's do that again. See if we don't kill you."

Anyway, Merry Christmas. Parents get your boys some toy guns for Christmas (snip off those ridiculous looking red things toy manufacterors are required to put on them) and get them away video games and get them outside so they can use all four limbs outside instead of their fingers and thumbs on control pad. And tell them to keep their thumb and indexamatic handguns (you know, the gun where you literally make a HAND GUN with your thumb and index finger and go "phssew!") concealed while in school or they might get in BIG trouble these days for being UnPC.
I remember I couldn't stop shooting my HAND GUN in the first grade and my teacher told me to put it in my pocket.....AND KEEP IT THERE. Meaning I had to keep my actual hand (gun) in my pocket for the rest of the day)

Page generated in 0.02347 seconds with 8 queries