View Single Post
Old December 17, 2017, 09:27 AM   #9
HiBC

Canada and Estonia are not going to have USA laws.
And,I'm not going to tell Canadians or Estonians how to live.

I include a link to a PDF of the US form 4473. The questions give you an idea of who is already a prohibited person. The background check is run after filling out the form.Its a felony to lie on the form,and another felony to attempt to purchase as a prohibited person.

A history of domestic violence arrest is SUPPOSED to show up in the NICS background check.A person with a history of domestic violence is already a prohibited person.Same with being under indictment or restraining order.

Now,under the plan attributed to Canada,does the abused have the option to say "Well,yeah,he beats me,and he's crazy,but I love him and I can't take his guns away" ?
A recent shooting occurred because our US Air Force failed to submit the records of the shooter being dismissed from the Air Force for domestic abuse.
At issue is NOT the need for more law in the US. The citizens have already compromised Liberty for Security as the law was written. If Government is incompetent or ineffective at administering its own law,misleading the public and layering on more law is not the answer.
If a law is ineffective,repeal it and start over. We have too many laws.

Supposedly,in USA,under our Constitution,we are a nation of laws,not men,or women. By that I mean no one person should have the power to strip a Constitutional Freedom without due process.

There are breakups and divorces every day that involve bitterness and anger.
Or perhaps just a former spouse who hates guns might make a claim,or a denial of the right to keep and bear arms.

I can agree that a person convicted or under restraining order has earned a loss of freedom and received due process via the court.

That power,IMO,should not be in the hands of every begrudged former lover.

Truth has no agenda, and agenda often denies truth.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Last edited by HiBC; December 17, 2017 at 10:02 AM.

Page generated in 0.02798 seconds with 8 queries