View Single Post
Old November 20, 2019, 11:28 AM   #1
OhioGuy

"Jacket Carry" logistics -- maybe a dumb question?

I guess it's not specifically a revolver question, but since I'd be carrying a revolver, here I am!

I've read a lot of comments by people who say they carry a backup gun in winter months, usually in an outer coat pocket where it's easy to reach. Often it's a snubbie revolver that's easily concealed but still can be fired easily with gloves.

Presumably the main carry piece is then under layers of clothing, where it's inaccessible without a lot of work.

So, if you do this, here's my question: What do you do with the pocket gun when your jacket comes off and you're indoors?

I'd be paranoid with it not physically touching my body in some way, and putting my jacket back on every time I get up from a chair to hit the bathroom, etc. seems like a lot of work, plus risky since I'm not used to doing that and could be prone to forgetting about it.

My quick idea would be to carry the revolver in something like a sticky pocket holster, then move it IWB when I get indoors, then back again when the coat goes back on? I'd have to be like Superman I guess, running into a bathroom stall to make the change, but...I don't know, is that what people do?

Page generated in 0.02145 seconds with 8 queries