View Single Post
Old June 23, 2019, 12:07 AM   #17
Stargater53

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdaD View Post
I've never owned a Taurus so I don't have any first hand experience. I've kind of always been biased against them, though. For not a lot more money you can step up quite a bit in quality (or at least more consistent quality), and you'll spend a lot more than that difference in price on ammo over time.
I hear you and I concur, except as it pertains to the Taurus PT92 AR, stainless. The company bought the factory from Beretta and they hired the Beretta factory workers, some of them Italian. And the company claims it uses better metallurgy than Beretta --- claims it made when the military models were suffering from frame separation issues.

Back in the 80s I bought a few Taurus 92s, and found them to be as reliable as my Beretta. But alas, the finish and accuracy weren't quite up to snuff. So I sold them and bought a couple of S&W 659s, which I still have and love. But a few years ago I got the PT92 AR. Not only was the finish gorgeous, the accuracy was greatly improved, at least on my model. I shot it once and it's been there ever since. But it's a gun I would recommend to anyone. And the 92's safety system is far superior to the Beretta's. It has a hammer drop and a cock and lock. Plus if you buy the Taurus, you'll have quite a chunk of change left over!

--

Page generated in 0.02314 seconds with 8 queries