View Single Post
Old June 22, 2018, 10:50 PM   #15
FrankenMauser

Quote:
In my very-rural area, a local middle-of-nowhere favorite swimming hole was on a dope-smugglers' trail. Thinking of a possible need for some sort of self-defense is not unwise.
As much as I'd like to be on the side of, "Dude... just chill. You don't need to carry while swimming, showering, or having marital relations" ... I do have to agree.

You never know when you're going to need it. That's the point of carrying [be it a firearm, knife, OC, stick, or Kleenex].

I was once threatened with my life for parking in my own driveway. It turned out to be a schizophrenic that was off his meds and thought I had planted alien mind readers in his backyard after parking on his roof. But, hey, you never know what or when it will be...

And, as much as I'd like to make levity of the schizo situation and make fun of some of his threats, I can't.
He did become a bigger problem for my wife and I (even being a minor contributor to us selling that house and moving). He did have to be forcibly sedated at least three times in the months between threatening me, and our house being sold. And, very near the sale of our house, he did end up being institutionalized after stabbing one of his neighbors, at their own party, for "tampering with his cameras". (He had foil and toilet paper rolls taped to the roof....)

Bottom line: Even while on the toilet, I had to have something within reach, in case the schizo decided that he was going to try to break in [again], because I was planting alien colonic exploration androids in his tomatoes ... again.

Page generated in 0.05079 seconds with 8 queries