View Single Post
Old September 8, 2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Brutus

Fighting the desperation

Just came back from the local Cabelas. Went looking for powder, primers and bullets. Managed to get a 1,000 #500 CCI small pistol primers ($39.99), 250 Berrys 124gr. 9mm rn. ($27.99). Powders are still on the lean side, they had a good supply of H110, W296 and HS-6 in pistol powder. Was really hoping for some Universal, pheasant season starts at the end of the month and I was hoping to reload some shotgun loads, As a result it looks like I'm going to have to buy some shotgun shells for hunting because I need to keep my supply of Universal for .44 & .45 target loads. Had a can of HS-6 in my shopping cart when I came to my senses. Already bought a can of WSF out of desperation when it was the only thing on the shelf, do I really want to buy another powder I've never used? I'm already faced with the prospect of working up loads for the WSF. While I've read good things about HS-6 it has the same burn rate as WSF so it's probably the same damn powder only in a Hodgden can. Didn't really need the Berrys as I have 400 Rainiers on hand but considering they were the only 9mm bullets available I bought them.
I was very surprised that there were no Remington or Winchester bulk 9mm's available. They didn't even have the more costly Hornady or Sierra stuff available.

Page generated in 0.02060 seconds with 8 queries