View Single Post
Old November 30, 2005, 12:23 AM   #5
ozzy1038

This might help too

just reverse the chart if you are lefthanded.

If your shots are all over the target you are quitting the sights and focusing on the target. Focus on the FRONT sight. It should be blurry, clear, blurry. By this I mean your rear sights should be blurry, the front sight should be clear or in focus and centered between the rear sights, and the target should be blurry too. These are all in your line of sight when firing.

I might also add that with the XD you can slowly take up the slack in the trigger up to the break point and that should help a little too.

lock your wrist. You want your left hand to to do most of the gripping kind of like 80/20 or 70/30. You want a firm grip but you don't want to white knuckle it. Plus something called a push pull grip. You pull back with your left hand while pushing forward with your right. This makes for a more positive grip. Not too strong just enough to lock it in there good and tight. What kind of grip do you use? The high hand or Leatham grip is great for battling recoil. It is when both thumbs are pointing at the target. Your left thumb rides the frame just below the slide and your right thumb rides on top of your left thumb. I switched to it last year and it works great. But in the end use what works best for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Handgun Chart.jpg (48.5 KB, 262 views)

Page generated in 0.02737 seconds with 9 queries