View Single Post
Old March 10, 2019, 09:37 AM   #78
chaim

No true duplicates, but definitely I have quite a few that are similar.

In the past, I had 3 medium frame S&W .357mag revolvers, though they weren't quite the same (a 3" S&W 65LS, a 4" S&W 19, and a 6" S&W 586). Currently, I have two guns that are basically different sized versions of each other, a SIG P290RS (in 9mm) and a SIG P250 Compact (in .45ACP). I have several small framed revolvers, each a tad different (a 6 shot 2" Rossi 461, a 3" Rossi 461, a Taurus 85CH, and a S&W 442). I have two 1911s right now, a Commander sized S&W 1911PD (1st gen) and an Officer sized RIA Rock Compact, and I used to have a full sized Charles Daly along with the S&W. I will be picking up one or two more (probably within the year), a full sized (undecided on brand, likely a Kimber or Springfield), maybe a 10mm, and if I decide to keep a 1911 in the carry rotation I need one that doesn't have so many sharp edges, so either one that is a bobtail or "melted" like the Kimber CDP series.

The closest to a spare is my group of CZ 75B based pistols. I've had a full sized CZ 75B for quite some time (15+ years). A few years ago I added a P01. Within the last 6 months I added a CZ 75 Compact and a CZ PCR. While I don't love the P01 trigger (it causes trigger bite), the 75B and compact 75's are terrific guns. Accurate, reliable, no/few sharp edges (making them very comfortable to carry), and (other than occasional trigger bite) quite comfortable to shoot. I'm seriously considering making them my exclusive carry pistols (when in a state where I can legally carry) for the 90+% of the time that I don't need something smaller and putting a light on the P01 and making it my HD pistol and retiring everything else for anything other than the range (other than the P290RS and LCP for when I need something tiny).

Last edited by chaim; March 10, 2019 at 09:45 AM.

Page generated in 0.03719 seconds with 8 queries