View Single Post
Old October 18, 2010, 09:57 AM   #7
ncpatriot

I sure learned something on the .22 smooth bore. Thanks for that info.

Went to the turkey shoot yesterday. It was good, as usual. I didn't win anything, but enjoyed taking a couple of shots. My 1st barely peppered the target. My 2nd covered it well, but only a few in bullsring. Winner had a pellet dead center on bullseye.

This is a well run event. I hope other FL members will check it out if you go to the fair. Near the Grandstand and Expo Center. They have a cinder block enclosure, no main roof, partial roof on firing line & target line. A wall of hay bales at the target line about 2-3 feet thick, about 50 feet wide or so. You could walk pretty close by and not even hear the gunfire. Loud and clear 30 feet or so from the front of the enclosure, but nowhere else. They sell you the targets, let in small groups & have you line up against a wall. Rules are explained, beginners are offered assistance. Then you are issued a shell for each target you purchase and go to the firing line. I had targets 1 & 2, went 1st to gun 1, fired and slid over to gun 2 & fired. As you eject, someone picks up your shells. They do a great job of it. I've been on a local forum, telling people to check it out. Someone with a kid wanting to shoot would have the perfect chance there. They allow age 12 and up.

Page generated in 0.02881 seconds with 8 queries