View Single Post
Old February 4, 2008, 07:04 PM   #43
Aqeous

Response To pfch977

Originally posted:

"I believe that if my bullet missed and went through my residence wall then it would probably have to go through another residence wall. If the bullet went through two walls, would it still be lethal?"

The answer is absolutely and unquestionably YES . . .

"I imagine that the speed of the bullet would be greatly slowed and the shape of the bullet would be distorted. I don't picture it having the same power."

It would be plenty close . . . and here is why:

First off someone had already mentioned the box of truth website.
Heres the link:http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot12.htm

It clearly demonstrates how a fairly light weight 9mm 155 gr JHP (THATS A HOLLOW POINT MIND YOU not a FMJ.) WILL cut through four fully insulated walls like a hot knife through butter. Check out the exit whole in the fourth wall set a full 40 feet away. There is no question that this would have be lethal would it have impacted someone. Everything he fires goes through all for wall with equally ease and potential lethality. The clear and final answer to your question is undeniably YES any bullet that permeates 2, 3, 4+ walls is invariably LETHAL.

I have taken a great deal of time collecting and interpreting ballistics and wound data over a considerable expanse of time. Just because most people cannot hit a target at 100 yards with a handgun does not mean that the bullet is not fully capable of traveling that distance with entirely lethal potential. Observe this link it demonstrates this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKg9jISfOyg

As for a bullet shot into the air, the Mythbusters actually did this one. Unless a bullet is fired exactly, and I mean EXACTLY strait up against the force of gravity (not even a few degrees off) any bullet will fall back to earth on a what is called a ballistic trajectory and will impact the ground with LETHAL force. The wind trims a great deal of velocity off of the bullet in flight but I assure you, you cannot run out their and catch it as it falls. ---One specific instance of this I recall I think was actually aired quite some time ago on an old T.V show called Rescue 911. Some ignoramus's was shooting a revolver in their back yard at some soda cans. To make a long story short he missed one, the bullet passed over the backing and ended up falling into an old man sitting in a lounge chair hundreds of yards away. If you use the vast tool of information that is the Internet and really look you will find that their are actuality a considerable numerous reports where a rouge bullet apparently fired from nowhere fell from the sky and killed some unfortunate soul.

(Another report I recall off hand was of a couple who was speaking in there garage. The woman did not hear the sound of a gunshot, she only knew something was wrong when her husbands eyes rolled back in his head and he fell to the floor. (sorry for the graphic descriptions) When the cops arrived they had determined that a bullet fired from some unknown location had fallen through the roof and entered the mans head instantly killing him)

Ballistic trajectories are random and extremely dangerous. As are bullets that permeate walls (Buckshot from shotguns are not excluded as many people think. Buckshot will also permeate walls with potentially lethal energy.) It is imperative that people are aware of these facts and that this kind of information is spread until it becomes common knowledge . . .

Last edited by Aqeous; February 4, 2008 at 08:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.03605 seconds with 8 queries