View Single Post
Old August 28, 2017, 05:59 PM   #60
fastbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
You guys do know if you are fighting someone who can shoot BACK, and shoot well, standing up using any stance might be very unhealthy.

For competition, well ok, but for when it's real not every opponent is some guy sticking an AK over a sandbag and spraying lead.

Deaf
Hey Deaf. How are you fairing in the bad weather down there??

Anyway, you do realize your question is probably more of a rhetorical one, right?

Kind of like the exuberant and enthusiastic martial arts practitioners who actually think they'll be able to have a fight stop for the necessary time for them to square up and fight from "stances".

Then, they exhibit that puzzled Labrador expression when you try to explain making your "fighting stance" your everyday stance ... thinking it just means a "stance".

Then, they act even more puzzled when you try to explain what the word "fight" really means when it's connected to terms like a "knife-fight" or a "gunfight" ... even when they already know (or ought to know) what it means to say "fistfight".

That's not usual, though, because there's an awful lot of people (even cat owners) who have never seen a serious cat fight and saw what it really means when someone says, "the fur flies". I remember the first time I saw one occur, late at night under a street lamp, and saw that pair of cats create a veritable whirlwind of cat fur that floated a few feet up in the air, and made a pretty respectable cloud a few feet all around them. It made me think of the Tasmanian Devil cartoon.

Last edited by fastbolt; August 28, 2017 at 06:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.02279 seconds with 8 queries