View Single Post
Old July 15, 2014, 05:27 PM   #18
Mike / Tx

First off congrats on the great shot. I mounted one of the lesser powered BDC scopes on my grandsons rifle.

Huh hearing protection.....

Seriously I gotta admit, "IF" I know I am setting up for something like that type of a shot I always have something to put in or over my ears. I mean usually if your overlooking a big pasture or similar you USUALLY will have time to get ready for a shot without blowing things. My biggest issue is that I never know when something will be popping up from the tall grass or out of the brush, and usually when it does, it is in high gear to get across the pasture. Our hogs are usually a bit bigger as well..

The damage you see is what I was referring to on the BT's. I only shot one deer with them and it was a 100# doe I hit right through the onside leg, which then cut a 4-6" crescent shaped hole straight through the bottom of the rib cage. It literally took out the heart and almost both lungs. She ran about 50yds dead on her feet straight into a huge old Oak tree.

To be honest it was one of the wildest things I have ever witnessed. After the impact most everything in front of the diaphragm simply fell out the big hole and she ran off from it. When I touched the trigger she was standing still, but as the shot broke she took that half a step, and I got leg instead of just ribs.

After that we used up the rest of what I had on coyotes and such. They for the most part all looked about like what you described. I switched over to the Partitions for that rifle and never looked back.

The grandson is shooting up my supply of the 100gr Solid Bases I stashed away before they were all gone from the shelves. They shoot groups like yours from his Sako Hunter.

Page generated in 0.03003 seconds with 8 queries