View Single Post
Old January 30, 2011, 09:10 PM   #14
bedbugbilly

We used to use them . . we used to use them . . . we used to use them . . . we used to use them . . . we used to use them . .

Hmmm . . maybe all those harmful fumes is why I repeat myself . . repeat myself . . repeat myself . . . repeat myself

Seriously, others have stated it better than I and they are the chemists and such that should know. As suggested - hit some plumbers - especially if they work at replacing old cast iron soil pipe, etc. The last time I bought lead, I bought about 600 lbs. of it from a scrap yard. It was from lead shielded cable - nice and soft pure lead. It will be a long time before I need more and now, I don't know if I can even get it anymore. At the time, it was 10 cents a pound - what a bargain! It was quite dirty but I spent a couple of days melting a bunch of it down, fluxing it with beeswax and skimmed the impurities - then made ingots to use as I needed to. It took some time, but hey . . . I work cheap . . . cheap . . . cheap . . cheap
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02802 seconds with 8 queries