View Single Post
Old September 13, 2019, 12:48 PM   #20
stagpanther

Quote:
You cannot sight in for somebody else. You can only sight in for you. You can get the thing close, but the shooter must sight in for himself. Everybody sees and holds every firearm differently.
"...another rifle/cartridge I haven't shot before..." That's a reason to do it, but the guy will not have a rifle that's sighted in. Make sure you tell the guy that as a CYA thing.
"...The 270 will be more than adequate..." Yep. There's no game in North America that requires a magnum of any kind to kill. He's not likely to find .300 Weatherby ammo in the wilds of Wyoming either. .270 is everywhere. Cabela's shows it as on Back Order at $76.99 per 20 for 180's. They do show 180 grain Weatherby brand ammo at $39.99(odd since everything else starts at $65) and in stock. Doesn't mean the Wyoming store has any though.
"...discontinued old 130 gr ammo..." Only matters if it hasn't been stored properly. Old ammo isn't necessarily unsafe. Kind of odd 130 grain .270 would not have sold though.

All this time I thought all you had to do was slap a scope on turn the screws and that was it?

My friend has taken one or more of almost all of the world's largest game with his 300 Weatherby Magnum--he has much of his house filled with taxidermy trophies to prove it.

He doesn't read about it--he does it.

I'll be sure to pass along your sage advice.

Last edited by stagpanther; September 14, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.03739 seconds with 8 queries