View Single Post
Old July 18, 2017, 11:02 AM   #14
weblance

I have an SR22 with the Twin Tech Tactical threaded barrel, and the 15 round extensions. I also have the original LCR-22. Since I don't have the 3" LCRx I cant make a direct comparison, but I will give some thoughts.

First, to answer TruthTellers question... No. A threaded barrel does not affect accuracy.

I have never been thrilled with my SR22. Mine is one of the early ones with PISTOL on the slide. With its factory barrel, it was never very accurate. Its better with the TTT barrel, but no where even close to a Buckmark, or Ruger Mark pistol. It will barely put all shots on an 8" paper plate at 25 yards. I can get 2-3" groups with my Mark pistols at that range with open sights, so its not the shooter. The Double Action first shot trigger pull is horrendous. Its also not 100% reliable like everyone elses supposedly are. It will short stroke lots of times and end up with an empty chamber.

The extensions are ok, but have drawbacks. You lose the last shot hold open, AND the button on the side of the mag to draw down the follower to ease in loading the mag. The SR22 doesn't have a brute strength spring, but the button sure used to help with loading. Without it, its a little difficult when you are getting to full capacity. I did find that the small Uplula(the one for 380 and smaller) works well with the SR22 15 round modded magazine.

I bought the LCR-22 for my wife. She likes it. The sights are hard for her to see, so I added a Crimson Trace to it, and she is very accurate with it. It has a heavy DAO trigger, but it shoots well. IF the 3" LCRx 22 was available when I bought the 2" LCR-22 I would have bought the 3" because of the SA ability.

If I was the OP, and choosing between the two he is considering, I would get the LCRx. It will have a better SA trigger, and have the ability to shoot ANY Long Rifle ammo, including shot shells.

Page generated in 0.02886 seconds with 8 queries