View Single Post
Old November 22, 1999, 10:56 PM   #9
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

I really like the light on the gun concept. I've had two and do not plan to be without. Best place I've used it was/is for outdoor varmits. The SureFire forend kits are very expensive, but very nice.

As far as the Inch per Yard rule, I've shot enough to be wary of it - just wondered if your experiance coincided with mine. Some of the stranger things I've witnessed was a buddy's 870 putting 8 out of 9 OO pellets on a E Type silouhette at 50 (!!!) yards, each time for 5 shots. Never duplicated that again.

My experiance is that 25 yards is about it for consistant results from OO or larger buckshot.

I had a SGT 870 that had the modified choke sleeve in it. It was effective at 50 yards with #1 or #4 buck. (paterning anyway) Never could get all of the pellets on the target though. Usually about 14 out of 16 for the #1 loads.

My current two 12 guages are very adequate in the house. The outside problem is handled by my 12 guage with the SureFire light in the forearm and a magazine full of #4 buck.

Giz

Page generated in 0.03149 seconds with 8 queries