View Single Post
Old January 23, 2020, 10:34 AM   #46
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck460
From how I took it, the help requested as stated in the OP had nuttin' to do with gun control, but with something else the OP is proficient in/with. That is why I said, the question is a complex one. I don't know what the needed help was.
Indeed. If the requested help is "How do we draft the most restrictive gun law that will currently pass judicial scrutiny?", I would not accept an invitation to assist. Helping in that task wouldn't make one a good Samaritan because the underlying act isn't good.

If someone who whines about "assault rifles" and handguns with more than seven rounds as items that should not have constitutional protection, but he is asking about a good choice for a 22lr rifle for he and his boy to share, I'm happy to assist. A person with bad ideas sharing a good experience with his child doesn't diminish anyone's rights. Moreover, a cordial conversation with a person with which one has a basic disagreement can demonstrate to that person that the difference is a principled one, and not personal expression of ill will.

A lack of good will can make even simple things difficult.

Page generated in 0.03244 seconds with 8 queries