View Single Post
Old January 16, 2018, 05:17 AM   #11
Spats McGee
Staff

Thank you all for the advice. I really appreciate the time and effort you've taken to help me out here.

Believe it or not, I'm not really obsessing over which rifle to take. I only have a handful of rifles, and I'm not going to buy a new one just for this Appleseed. I'll just mount some sling hardware on my 10/22, pick up a sling, and she'll be fine. I've got about five 10-round magazines, so I'm good there.

I'm also not obsessed with winning, or a perfect shot. It'd be neat to earn the Rifleman badge, won't lie about that. However, I'm much more interested in just improving with a rifle. Of all the shooting I've ever done, only a relatively tiny fraction has been done with a rifle. Historically, I've been much more of a shotgun or pistol dude.

Ammo: In spite of having had my 10/22 for decades, I've never really tried to figure out which ammo she likes best. She's always been a plinker, and she's eaten every kind of crap ammo I shoved in the magazine, so I never really worried about whether she'd do better than Minute of Soup Can. I'll enjoy fixing that.

Page generated in 0.02447 seconds with 8 queries