View Single Post
Old October 12, 2018, 12:12 AM   #10
TruthTellers

^ The first time I shot a black powder gun was with my then new Pietta 1858. Shot about 3 cylinders worth, wiped down the outside to clean the soot off, and rinsed out the cylinder, didn't touch the bore because I was told that Pyrodex doesn't need immediate cleaning like real black powder does.

Went back a week later to look at the gun... outside was fine, the area at the top strap was getting surface rust, but the bore... holy crap, that was like looking at the frame of a 15 year old truck in the Northeast, brown everywhere.

I like the results Pyrodex gives me at the range, but when I'm done shooting, I hate the stuff.

Triple 7 is awesome, but I get concerned with how little powder is used that my ramrod won't be able to seat the ball deep enough on top of the powder, so I end up putting more T7 in that what's recommended and get to hear that supersonic crack knowing that I'm somewhere near 1050 fps.

Great power, east to clean. So far I'd have to say Triple 7 is my favorite sub, but it's damn expensive.

Page generated in 0.03144 seconds with 8 queries