View Single Post
Old April 11, 2014, 09:07 AM   #30
AK103K

I carried GM's and Commanders IWB on a 1.75" belt, (as well as a double reload OWB), for about 25 years. I also carried either a PPK or P230, or a J frame as a BUG, at the same time. I didnt find them heavy or a problem.

Ive carried High Powers, SIG P220's, P226's and P229's, as well as Glocks 17's and 31's in the same manner. These days, a 26 replaces the other "smaller" guns, in the BU role.

If you wear the gun in a proper holster, in that nook under your rib cage at 4:30 or so, the gun just disappears under anything hanging over it, even a light oxford shirt or a tee shirt for that matter.

As far as printing goes, pretty much "everything" prints, if you dont dress right and dont follow a few basic carrying rules as far as movement goes.

The times Ive IWB carried a K or N frame revolver, I used a "pancake" type OWB holster with "pull the dot" loop straps attached to the outer edges of the holster, so the cylinder was just above the belt line. They are much more comfortable carrying that way. I did that out of need when I was doing it, as we didnt have much choice back then. Holster choices then were nothing like they are now. Even now, with fewer people carrying revolvers, especially full size guns, there isnt much demand on the holster makers to pursue it.

Auto holsters are a totally different story. If you cant find a good holster to hide pretty much anything these days, you didnt look very hard.

Page generated in 0.02268 seconds with 8 queries