View Single Post
Old May 14, 2000, 04:10 AM   #4
JNewell

Thanks, Mikey and Bongos. I managed to find a 1992 Colt catalog (shoulda looked first!) and I think this is a nearly box-stock "Enhanced" GM, which apparently were new that year -- came with the beavertail grip safety and skeleton hammer and undercut frame (my recollection that these were upper-end mods was obviously wrong!). The guide rod is probably Brown, as the bushing is.

I believe the barrel is factory. I'd actually be a little more comfortable with factory parts, since it reduces the chances that you've got something that a shadetree 'smith turned into a Frankengun.

The trigger pull is very good for any purpose other than higher-level bullseye shooting -- I guess that's a good thing, given the Series 80 safety?

Bongos made a comment about bad quality in the Colt Enhanced models -- do you mean all models or are you referring to the newer "XS" series or what? I had a Python made during the mid-80s that turned out to be a very nice revolver but it didn't come that way out of the box (argh) and made a few trips to Hartford to get there. This is obviously a newer (post-92) pistol -- any comments on Colt quality in that period?

Thanks again, as always.

Page generated in 0.03099 seconds with 8 queries