View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 07:36 PM   #35
Nnobby45

Quote:
Boulder dash!

The violent crime rate in America as a whole and in almost all localities has been on the decline for YEARS, probably decades.
There are too many neighborhoods in my community that were once safe, but are no longer--especially (but not limited to) at night.

Personally, my first concern is what things are like in my community. There has been NO violent crime drop where I live. It's still a fairly safe place to live, but home invasions have increased. So have robberies on the street where the wrong car drives by, spots a victim, and assaults them (or murders, as has been the case, also).

Use to be I could go to a carwash, or a day night teller (especially, but not limited to, at night) without being overly concerned. Hasn't been that way for a long time in the world of decreasing crime you allude to.

Doesn't matter if the crime rate increases or decreases slightly. There's more crime than there used to be in MANY places. Not just border states.

I'm curious to know about these communities you refer to where the crime rate has been decreasing for years.

Last edited by Nnobby45; December 21, 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.03230 seconds with 8 queries