View Single Post
Old April 30, 2010, 08:43 PM   #16
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
I cant even see a 1" target at 75 feet.
Typically a target designed for handgun use will have an aiming point considerably larger than 1"--often up to 8" in size. That is pretty easy to see. The size of the target doesn't determine the size of the group. One can shoot a small group on a target with a fairly large aiming point if they hold consistently on the aiming point.

I can only claim a couple of 1" groups at 25 yards in the 20 years I've been shooting. I can get down around 3" five shot groups at 25 yards in a typical shooting session if the gun & ammo combo is capable of it. Those are shot standing with iron sights--I don't have any handguns with optical sights. I've got four saved groups sitting next to me on the desk that are all under 3" with one coming in a little over an inch and a half. Of course there's a reason I saved those.

There are certainly people out there that can shoot 1" groups with a handgun at 25 yards but that is very good shooting indeed (also requiring good ammunition and exceptional equipment) and it's not unreasonable to greet claims of that kind of accuracy with good-natured skepticism.

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 8 queries