View Single Post
Old April 26, 2009, 08:06 PM   #13
Jofaba

Quote:
WHY WOULD YOU GO TO THE RANGE WITH A PERSON WHO YOU NOW HAS BEEN SMOKING POT? Be safe, calm down on the drinking, and find new friends. You dont sound like a responsible gun owner.
Do you know much about pot? It's similar to asking someone how comfortable they feel shooting with someone who drank a beer an hour before going to the range. Ever done that? I don't like it and it's happened very infrequently, but can you seriously tell me that you've never shot with someone who had beer with their lunch in the last hour or two? Even if you can, you're being high and mighty. I'm pretty sure most of us have winced at a few indiscretions with friends or relatives who made bad decisions earlier in the day.

I don't agree with it and wouldn't do it myself, but I don't let those around me who have had altering chemicals recently to access dangerous items around me until I am sure that they are sober.

And how does the decisions of others enter the conversation of how responsible I am personally as a gun owner? I befriend a pothead and thus shouldn't be trusted with a gun? Some interesting logic you've got there.

Page generated in 0.02568 seconds with 8 queries