View Single Post
Old January 12, 2009, 11:52 AM   #83
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagonman
I am sorry, I can't work up sympathy for this piece of police fighting human debris that is causing my brothers in Oakland such aggravation. His family just hit the ghetto lotto.
Ghetto, in every dictionary, including legal dictionaries, refers to a section of a city/town wherein those of minority race reside. The phrase, "ghetto lottery," is racist in meaning and connotation. It is off topic, everywhere on TFL, not just this particular forum.

There are dozens of ways to express the highlighted portion above, without delving into blatant racism. This is obvious, as the sentence preceeding the offending remark, shows such an expression.

I have left all the references to this offense, as they were written, as an example of the kind of post that will get your posting privileges for L&CR revoked and the kind of followup posts that would normally be deleted.

The warning is simple. You see something that is offensive, report it, but don't comment upon it. Why? Because if what you reported is deemed to be something we would not like here, then it and all references to it will be deleted.

Page generated in 0.03044 seconds with 8 queries