View Single Post
Old October 27, 2008, 10:14 AM   #1
The Gunny

My Son needs a trap gun

I have become addicted to Skeet, trap, sporting clays, etc... I have started taking my son who is 11 (12 in Feb). He is a slightly small for his age at least what I see in his peer group. We rent a Beretta semi-auto 20ga 26" from the lodge and he does really well on trap and wobble (really well for an 11 year old). He get fatigued after a couple of rounds. I am looking at a couple different shotguns to buy him as a Christmas gift. I want to get him something he can handle and still get him a quality weapon. Right now I am torn between a Remington 11-87 sportsman youth and a Browning Silver Micro. They both seem to try and accommodate a smaller shooter, but the Remington barrel is only 21" and thought it will cut down on weight, I think it will be too short for trap. The browning looks and sounds great but is all silver and I am worried about the possible glare problems.

If anyone knows anything about either of these or another shotgun I should be looking at please chime in and let me know what you're thinking. Thanks in advance for all the support.

Page generated in 0.03753 seconds with 8 queries