View Single Post
Old August 5, 2008, 05:48 PM   #43
JP Sarte

Wild:

Just going on what I was told by them.

"Remington pays for shipping".

They told me I would have to. I argued the point and they finally gave in. But not without an argument. Then the insurance part of the program. They told me it would be insured by them through UPS. I asked how much? They said for up to $150.00. But I was not to worry if my gun ended up in Peru that were verbally assuring me that a replacement would be on the way. Nonsense. I said that doesn't even come close to covering the cost of the gun. They said if I want additional coverage I would have to purchase it through UPS.

"I've never seen that. Never. We fix 'em. They fix 'em".

I didn't purchase any of the 700's at a "Remington approved service center" The nearest one to me is two hours away. The only other option, not to void the warranty (which is a stupid practice anyway) was to send it back to them. Any other "unapproved work" would void the warranty and any future repairs that may have to be done. I am happy you are a full service shop but not all shops are.

"BS....no matter what, every company is going to put out a problem gun once and a while......"

Not BS at all. Fact. We are not talking about things that are difficult to notice for example, like a barrel that has a 1 degree bend in it causing it to be terribly inaccurate we are talking about the basics, the very basics:

Feeding and ejecting shells? It doesn't take a fifty thousand dollar machine to determine that. Hell, cycle a couple of shells through it. Ten seconds of your time and you are done. My six year old kid could figure that out.

Iron sights grossly out of line? One look by a person with 20/20 vision can tell that. Take time out of your busy day talking about who might be in the Super Bowl running this year and do your job.

On and on and on....

Maybe you get treated differently because your a dealer, who knows. All I am doing is simply relating what has happened to me. If they treat you like the King of England when you call great. Not my experience. God knows what you get after remaining on hold for ten minutes. I am certainly not alone.

One last word from me as well. If you are at work and you are not doing your job what the hell are you doing? Flirting with the office secretary? Taking two hour smoke breaks? Day dreaming? Who knows. I disagree completely with you on this and once again make the statement: YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO SEND A NIB RIFLE BACK TO THE FACTORY. Period. This isn't rocket science, its rifle making. From a company that claims such a lengthly and storied history it just shouldn't be that hard.

Finally if you are so willing to accept these kinds of problems let me come work for you. I would love to stand around all day getting paid to do nothing. Wonder how long that arrangement would last if you were the one writing the paychecks and I was the one wasting your time. No long I suspect.

JP

Page generated in 0.02520 seconds with 8 queries