Thread: FNS 9 vs FN 509
View Single Post
Old August 12, 2019, 09:13 AM   #10
Walt Sherrill

Here's a copy of the email sent out to a number of the FN Forum members who have recently purchased the FN Heavy Duty Striker for their FNS or FN-509 weapons. Some have already received the strikers!

I'm sure the problem embarrassed APEX, but they directly addressed the problem and told users before users told them. I have high regard for Apex.
Good Afternoon,

You’re receiving this email today because you’re one of our customers who pre-ordered our Heavy-Duty Striker for the FN 509 series pistols. I want to say thank you for your faith in our products and for being our customer. Apex is known for top quality products and unsurpassed customer service and it is our intent to keep it that way.

We found an issue with our Heavy-Duty Strikers for the FN 509 just yesterday afternoon right after USPS left with the first batch of strikers. The issue has to do with the striker blocking surface being in the wrong location. In our efforts to assure that our striker is absolutely drop safe, we may have gone a bit too far with that safety surface to the point that in just the right circumstance/combination of parts, the striker block will not fully disengage and the striker may fail to dimple the primer sufficiently to fire a round.

Not to worry, we’ve put our considerable engineering talents to work to identify and resolve the issue and we have a solution which we’ve already thoroughly tested and proven out.
We’re requesting all customers who have received a striker, not install them but instead return them to us for immediate replacement. You will be receiving an email from our Customer Service Staff shortly with an RMA for the striker/strikers you purchased as well as a pre-paid USPS Shipping label for return.

We will be replacing strikers for customers in the order they are returned. We expect to have enough updated strikers on hand to replace all of those shipped out by the time the original strikers arrive back hereat Apex World Command.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and we want to make it as right as possible for all our customers.

If you have any questions about this or any other matter, don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Staff.
Sincerely.
Scott Folk - COO

Page generated in 0.03430 seconds with 8 queries