View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 04:33 PM   #91
BarryLee

Quote:
In my view the NRA uses political rhetoric as fact, in a money raising scheme, and is just another business in the growth industry of politics.
While I agree that the NRA does indeed engage in a certain amount of hyperbole in some of their statements I also think they do a pretty good job of keep us informed. As an average citizen I have neither the access nor the resources to follow every anti-2A effort on a national level. I receive several updates each week many focused on my specific State and I find these quite helpful.

As for using this information for fundraising I wonder what else they would use. In other words if there were no threat to our freedom what conceivable reason would anyone have for supporting them? Yes, maybe gun safety, but really they are an advocacy group and that is why they publicize those efforts.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.03312 seconds with 8 queries