View Single Post
Old August 13, 2013, 02:34 AM   #10
mmccall60

Quote:
"i truly am trying to help you, those plastic panels on the sides are what you want to remove, right ? the instructions for removal should be in your manual, i just done a blow up of your photo, that spring clamp on the front should just snap off by using a screw driver to pry up and outwards in that grove in the middle of the spring, you might need two screwdrivers one fore, one aft, but be careful, i have had spring clips similar to those on your rifle and when they let lose, they tend to take off like a fired bullet wear safety glasses or put a towel over them when prying then lose."
Bpowderkeg: Thanks for the answer to my question. That is all I was needing to know. The manual does not cover Rail panels or any other instructional information on this gun's accessories. Even the cleaning and care section stops short on a through break-down and cleaning.

The reason this rifle was given as a gift was I expressed a desire to pick back up Squirrel hunting while I recovered from Cancer (Squirrel hunting is something I haven't done since I was 17 .. I'm now 53) and I was needing a .22 rifle. So I threw out a wish list to the family and suggested a cheap shooter ... a Mossberg 715T from wal-mart. Long story short, the family decided the Mossberg was not good enough and opted to send me the Colt instead. I cannot look at a gift horse in the mouth. After I recover from this Cancer and get back to work, I may consider purchasing a true AR and experimenting with a build or two in the near future. - Thanks for your help.

Page generated in 0.03601 seconds with 8 queries